Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Why oh why?
I am seriously considering quitting this blog thing because it seems that very strange things have been happening to me so that I have something interesting to write about. I have been trying to think up a funny "why did the chicken cross the road" joke since yesterday and it hasn't come, so this story will just have to do without it. This last Wednesday, I pulled out a whole chicken to cook in my crock pot but when I opened the packaging, it smelled awful! Something like rotten eggs and skunk! That alone should have been enough for me to throw it out, but I needed a second opinion since it hadn't hit the "sell by" date yet. I called my sister Jen who is the expert at stuff like this and she informed me that the chicken probably wasn't kept at the right temperature somewhere along the line and yes, i should throw it away. She was smart enough to also tell me to keep it in my fridge until garbage day so I didn't cook in my garbage can all week. GENIUS! I carefully put it in a Ziploc and then in a grocery bag and tied it tight. Six days later, yesterday, was garbage day and finally my chance to get rid of the thing. I ran it out to the garbage and bid it a fond farewell. Not 10 minutes had passed when I heard the garbage truck drive by. I went out to bring my can back in from the road and this is what I found...!
Are you kidding me! It had somehow jumped out of the garbage can and had been run over by the garbage man! It came completely out of both bags and the insides, like the neck and gizzards, were shot 10 feet down the road in front of my house.
It was totally disgusting and I immediately called Jake and Jen to tell them of my misfortune. They both thought it was really funny and Jake even offered to let me leave it there so he could clean it up when he got home from work. It was a very kind offer, but I didn't want it to cook in the road all day and attract who-knows-what! I ended up shoveling that nasty thing out of the road and bagging it again and throwing it in my neighbor's garbage can across the street since their trash hadn't been picked up yet, at least I didn't think it had....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Kaylani - you are going to KILL me!!! and wake up all my kids!!! ok -- you can be funny. that is fine... but you can't be this funny when my kids are sleeping. i had to laugh a major laugh silently... and it was so so so hard!!! and i drooled... gross, i know. i haven't drooled when i've laughed in i can't remember how long... if ever (but i'm sure i did sometime before cause that is just one of my special features). but the picts... the wordage... the whole sequence of events. This should win the pulitzer! and the line-up --- poop on car... wiener... dead chicken... you are TOTALLY KILLING ME!!!!
and i just read it again.. cause it couldn't have been drool worthy... and yes... it is... even on seconds. and i'm not gonna try thirdsies... enough drool for one night. but seriously :)
Karyn, i'm so happy to know that I brightened your night with a chuckle. I can totally picture you laughing! At least someone thinks I'm funny! Love ya!
oh, that is sooo funny! And it would be so funny (and bad) if your neighbor's can hasn't been picked up yet. And I'll bet you'll be able to smell it from your house across the street. Good story!
i'm curious what you picture when you think of me laughing and drooling... oh, my. :) but keep it coming... i need funny.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. that is all. ew. have fun on your trip koni.
Kaylani,
I am still laughing. That has to win some sort of award. You have the funniest blog ever! I laughed out loud which is pretty amazing because I am a SILENT laugher. My kids came running over to see if I was ok because I don't think they have ever actually HEARD me laugh. Thanks. Your story definitely has brightened my week!
Don't quit blogging. We all need a little "Mavity Misfortune" in our lives!
As if this stuff consistently happens to you!!! Funny, funny, funny. And here I sit late at night, and now I can go to be laughing. Seriously, don't stop blogging, but maybe you can encourage those around you to just not give you so much fuel for the fire. Either way, it keeps us laughing and to think of Karyn drooling!!!! he he he you are funny too Karyn. that is all for now.
Keep them coming.
Post a Comment