Sunday, June 24, 2007
Our old bathroom adventure...
I must warn those of you who may not enjoy the word "weenie" because it is used multiple times in this adventure. I used to tell this to people thinking that it was a funny story but their facial expressions and lack of laughter told me that it was not. So, with that said, if you do not wish to continue, please don't.
It was back in the day when Raegan was potty training but still wearing a pull-up in public for accident purposes only. So I had taken all three kids to Target which was a joke in and of itself but I thought "you do what you gotta' do!" Anyway, as we are walking around browsing the aisles, Raegan starts saying, "I hafta go potty!" I quietly try to convince her that she can just go pee in her pull-up and she just won't oblige. I continued to try to coax her to do it because the bathroom was on the other side of the store and who wants to take THREE kids, one of them an infant WITHOUT a baby seat into the PUBLIC bathroom? Needless to say, her demands just got louder and LOUDER until I found myself sprinting to the bathroom, pushing the cart one-handed while holding baby Sarah, just to get her to stop yelling, "I HAFTA PEE AND IT"S GOING TO COME OUT IN MY PANTIES!" We got to the bathroom which happened to be a "family" bathroom right next to the pharmacy. As I push the cart in, (lucky for me it was empty!) Blake, who at his young age realized the predicament I was in, proceeded to do his best to help Raegan while I tried to figure out what to do with Sarah. This is the conversation that followed:
Blake (while tugging on Rae's shorts): "Just pull your weenie out, Rae! C'mon you can do it! Just pull it out! Oh, No! MOM!!! She has NO weenie! Okay Rae, turn around, maybe yours is in the back! MOM!!! It's REALLY not here!"
Me: "Blake, let's just sit her down on the seat and see what happens..."
**(she pees)**
Blake: "Hmmm...that's weird! Yours just got stuck inside."
*So, by the time we get all cleaned up and exit the bathroom, of course the line for the pharmacy is about ten people long and they're ALL laughing. All I could say to them was, "He JUST figured it out!"
The moral of the story is don't take an infant in a store without a car seat or snugli...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
that is so funny!!! Gwen's still learning about that. When I'm changing Drake in front of anyone other than the usual, Gwen tells them ,"Drake has a tail! See!?" Then she says, "Drake has a little tail, and my daddy has a BIG TAIL" and she has to say that last part really loud and slow. I then have to say, I don't know how she knows that because it's been quite a while since she's seen Ryan in the nude. Kids are so funny!
Funny funny stuff. This story is the funniest I have heard in terms of things kids say. Good old Blake. I don't know why people would not think that this is funny. I was laughing out loud, and then I made Ryan read it too!
How happy I am that I do not have a boy yet!
Kaylani, That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I love when he turns her around to see if it's in the back! We don't have those problems with two girls and no boys. Can't wait!
yes -- i laughed out loud, too!!!
i just made blake read this b/c i thought it was way too funny to pass up. great story
funny, i just read ju's post and she said she maid ryan read it too.
Post a Comment