So as I was reading Karyn's latest updates I was inspired to write a few of the funny things that we hear around our house. I figured it was appropriate to start with Blake since June is his birthday month and he'll be turning five! Can you believe it? My sweet little boy will be off to kindergarten this fall and he even chose to go the full day! His reasoning was that he'll get more recesses and lunch at school...smart you ask? I think so! I as a mother am torn at this new road ahead of us. I distinctly remember the day we brought him home from the hospital and just crying about all of the things this innocent child will experience. At the same time, three kids each day is a challenge and I look forward to the time I will get with my girls. So, back to the funny stuff...
We were driving home from the new Bass Pro Shop on Friday and from the back seat Blake says, "Guppy is a spanish word" (Jake and I) "Oh really? What does it mean?" To which he replies without skipping a beat, "eyeball." (?)
While he was playing with legos one day..."Mom, I'm building a communicator"
This next one happened at our recent Father-Son outing and I heard about it from our Bishop at church the following Sunday because Jake hadn't even heard it either. Our Bishop was waiting in line at the port-a-jon when Blake came stepping out. (If you know Blake, he's VERY small for his age). He said, "BISHOP! Don't go in there! There's a HUGE hole and if you fall in, you'll NEVER get out!"
"We learned in primary today (CTR5) that if you make bad choices, it makes Jewzarus happy" (?)
My brother's friend once told Blake that he was really good at kicking, to which he replied, "I know, I'm half ninja!"
So, where he gets all this, I'll never know, I only hope that it never quits coming. He constantly makes me smile and I love his innocence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Kaylani - Thank you for sharing the fun times!!! I love the funny things kids do and say... sometimes I think that is what keeps my kids alive sometimes. Just when I am about to SNAP they come up with something sweet.
silly blake!
how cute!
Kaylani, This is your cousin! I think your little family is just so cute and I am excited to see you in the blogging world! Jen has gotten to us all it seems! Cute stories about Blake. Haha! Keep cool down there in the hotness.
I love the Blake-isms. You have inspired me to start writing down the things my kids say. The ninja one is my favorite. What a creative little mind he has!
Meg :-)
Post a Comment