Sunday, June 17, 2007

More happenings...

So, I wanted to post a few of the things that we did this week because I got busy and didn't get a chance to do it earlier. This isn't all of it, but it's everything I got pictures of... This is Raegan at ballet. It was her second week and it is so hard for her to participate because she is so painfully shy. For almost all of the 45 minutes we were there, she stood silently and watched the other girls with tears rolling down her cheeks. It broke my heart because I know how much she loves to dance at home. It was a little easier for her if I stood next to her and took the class also. I only felt a LITTLE SILLY in front of all the other moms. Hopefully, with a little work, she'll be able to break out of her shell. It was so fun this week to get to go out with the three of my girl cousins that are my same age. We have a tradition of going to Olive Garden every year for each of our birthdays and celebrating. We've done it since we were 12 and this year is the big 26! This time it was Sarah's birthday and it was especially sweet since we haven't all been able to make it the last couple of times we've gone. It was a really fun time and I value the friendship and love from each of them. We've seen each other through a lot and love each other more because of it! Karen, Julie, and Sarah, you're the greatest cousins ever! Happy Birthday and congratulations on your engagement, Sarah! Love you!
This is Raegan and Sarah helping out with Father's Day breakfast. Raegan came in and said, "Mom, look at our bacon tongues!" Crazy girls!

7 comments:

K said...

Kaylani - I remember being totally painfully shy as a child (I still have symptoms, but I've learned to control most of the outward signs of shyness). I couldn't even look people in the eye. Your sweet sweet girl is SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It makes me sad she feels this way because I still feel that pain sometimes and it does not feel good at all.

And SARAH -- ENGAGED??!! I haven't had contact with her for a few years and I would love to have her contact info if she is OK with me having it... I would love to get caught up with her and her engagement excitement!!! Tell her congratulations for me and I am so very very excited for her!!! And you cousins are all SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

IronLawGirl said...

Okay, obviously your family's gene tree is drinking the gorgeous water!! I swear, you're all so pretty!

Bella Beginnings said...

Yeah for olive garden... thanks for posting a picture, i never did see how it turned out!

Bowman Family said...

OK, I LOVE the bacon tongues! That is the cutest pic ever! I love the look on Sarah's face. She is a good sport!

You and your cousins are all so gorgeous! Looks like you have a great relationship. You are lucky!

Jennifer said...

he he That bacon tongue picture is very cute. And a little bit gross. But you Cox girls are looking very nice. And will someone please tell me who Sarah is marrying? I've asked her, I've asked Julie, and for some reason, the question remains unanswered! Will you be the one to tell me? Please?

Anthony, Amy, Isaiah, Sage,Ada and Trueman said...

Kaylani-this website is absolutley amazing. I loved reading all of your entries. It made me miss you. Your kids are beautiful as ever. I loved the picture of Sarah at the beach and the Poem for Jake. What a gift to your children that they know Mommy loves Daddy. Your an amazing Wife, Mother and Friend.
Amy Bates

Melissa said...

Hey old friends!
I'm glad you stumbled upon our website and said "Hi". Your family is so cute! I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. I keep in touch with Em a little bit so she'll tell me about you every now and then. You look great. I'll have to keep up with you guys now. Take care!