Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's our Boy!

Introducing the newest boy in town...
Jaxon Sparks Mavity"JAX" He has filled our home with so much happiness and even lets me sleep most of the night!Blake is thrilled to have a brother and is always wanting to help.Raegan LOVES having such a tiny baby around and can't wait until she can push him in the doll stroller. Don't ask her to throw away diapers though...yuck mom!Sarah asked if we really are going to keep him and she feels slightly displaced but loves to give him kisses. Dad is so proud of his new little guy and is the greatest helper and snuggler. We had an appointment on the 26th in the morning and my doctor asked if we wanted to have the baby that day. Of course I was ready, but only dilated to a 3. He instructed us to go walk around the mall for an hour and then meet him at the hospital so he could break my water. We got to the hospital at 1 and he broke my water at 2. I got an epidural soon after and Jake and I just hung around the rest of the afternoon trying to decide if we were actually ready for number 4 to come. By 5:45 the nurse checked me and I was only at a 4! I thought we were in for a long night. Then I started to feel pressure and the nurse checked me again at 6:15 and I was ready to push! $ pushes later and what felt like forever, (that's the longest I've had to push), our sweet (but large) baby boy was born. We are so excited to have him join our family! For those of you wondering: Yes, he is our largest and baldest baby.

14 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Oh how sweet! Congratulations!! And glad to hear that the birth went well. He's adorable.

K said...

Gotta love that Dr Layton. Always helping us out! I got the same "wanna have the baby today?" question. HECK YEAH!

What a TOTALLY beautiful baby you made!!!

Nicole Angel said...

Congrats guys!!! he is just adorible!!!

Autumn said...

Congratulations! Yeah, who wouldn't be ready to have the baby if the doctors offering!
Jaxon's a cutie!

Dennison Family said...

Congrats Kaylani! I'm glad it is finally over! You look GREAT! Your family looks so happy too! Congrats!

Kyle said...

Congrats! He is super cute!

EmJoy said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to get my hands on him in a few weeks! Don't let him grow too much before I get there. Love you Kon. Good Job!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Oh my goodness! A boy! That is so exciting, congratulations! We can't wait to meet him :)

The Hall Family said...

Love the name!

Amy said...

He is so cute. As soon as one of us doesn't have a sniffle or sore throat will be right over! Congrats!

heidi said...

cute baby! congrats!!!

Layton Clan said...

YEAAA!!! JAX N' MAX!

It couldn't be more meant to be.

Love you - I'll be in town over the next couple of days and come and see you. Love you,

Jen

Jennifer said...

Konni! I didn't get to see you. I am lame, what can I say. And I had a cute little baby gift and all and then things got crazy and I never got to see you and I never got to see that cute baby and I need to see that cute baby and help!

P.S. The name Jaxon isn't as cute as Jennifer Lynn Ward Badgett Sparks Mavity, but I suppose it will have to do. :)

P.P.S. I will get that present in the mail pronto!

Kaylani said...

Jennifer, I REALLY fought for that name but Jake just couldn't get past the fact that he would have so many initials if we ever decided to monogram some towels...or a wedding invitation-for pete's sake! sorry. i tried.