Monday, March 10, 2008

The worms...

this week the girls and i had some fun digging in the backyard for worms. somehow they got the idea that they needed a pet and a worm would do the job! luckily, it didn't take me too long to find a couple of juicy fat ones. raegan quickly named her's harold (12 dancing princesses) and sarah's became dora. they spent the afternoon playing with them and taking their worms on rides in the stroller. it was a ver eventful afternoon. the girls were way too chicken to actually touch their new little pets, but i told them that if they wanted to keep them, they needed to learn how to hold them. probably not the best idea on my part! by this point, raegan's worm had become tom'n ("like tom'n jerry, mom"). poor little tom'n and dora unfortunately suffered tragic deaths at the hands of their very loving owners. while sarah was on the phone telling her daddy all about her new pet, i realized that she was squishing and rolling him between her fingers! the funny part was that she had no idea that it had done him any harm and so she continued to push that little mass of 'once-worm' all over the house in her stroller!

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Too funny! My kids are begging me for a pet and they are always looking for bugs of some kind in the backyard to claim as "pets"...you gotta love that!

Bella Beginnings said...

Funny story, because just last week I was in the front grass and found a worm. I showed Addilyn and she screamed bloddy murder and then wouldn't go back in that part of the grass and Haylee wouldn't even get close enough to see. Such pansies! Your girls are tough. I need to try the approach of naming them. Nice.

Alleman Family said...

That's too cute! I love that they are so into worms! Bry saw a spider yesterday and FREAKED OUT! I think it startled him more that anything. It was under a car he went to grab and then sort of crawled at him. Anyway, he hated it! Hopefully he'll get used to bugs again this summer!

Anonymous said...

hahaha thats so funny! and gross your girls have more courage then me!! i would NOT have touched those worms haha. cute

IronLawGirl said...

Holy cow!!! That is hillarious, and so gross! I love it!

Layton Clan said...

Can I come play with the worms?

Are you guys in Mexico this week???

Love you,

jen

Erica Wiezbowski said...

k- hilarious!! i can totally picture sarah right now, squishing that poor worm. how funny! hope you guys are having fun in mexico! I can't wait to have my friend back!