Monday, March 24, 2008

Kindergarten field trip

Just before spring break I got to go on a field trip with Blake's kindergarten classes at Edison. We went to Superstition farm and toured the dairy. It was great seeing the excitement of Blake's first bus ride and getting to go on his first field trip! We saw cows, goats, chickens and bunnies. When we first arrived, they told us that one of their momma cows was having a baby right then and they rushed us over to see. Luckily, the kindergartners missed the anatomy lesson, but they were highly confused about the whole situation. At first, they thought the baby calf was dead, but by the time we left, it was up and walking around. I gained a greater appreciation for the price of milk and I probably won't be complaining about it any more. It takes a lot of work to be a dairy farmer! Did you know that it's only about 12 hours from when the cow is milked until it's put on the shelves in the grocery store? Amazing!

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Cute pictures...Sammy has a field trip this week but I was denied as a chaperone (why does that make me feel personally rejected?)
I love looking at your blog because it has been years since I have seen you although I think we live pretty close!

Kyle said...

Ha! Ha! High school was fun...good times! HE is in my in-laws singles ward (my father in law is the bishop) so I sometimes hear about him...I am assuming that is who you were talking about and not the OTHER one! Are you following me...you never know who is reading the blog so I feel like I have to talk in code :)

Bella Beginnings said...

I can't believe that blake is old enough for field trips... looks like fun!

heidi said...

that is so great that you got to go with! taite is going to the same field trip next month. so fun!

Alleman Family said...

I can't believe you have a Kindergarder!! That's amazing! Looks like so much fun though. We have a farm here in Logan and they do Baby Animal Days every year. It's so fun to go see all the little baby chicks and rabbits adn stuff. The kids get to go in and pet all the animals. I can't wait to take Bry!

Jennifer said...

As if Blake is that old. You are a cute mom. Good work, Klonni, good work.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.