Friday, February 13, 2009

WARNING....THIS HI-JACKING CONTAINS MUSHY MATERIAL!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,
I can not STAND the over commercialized day that we call St. Valentines day! Here are some little facts and things that I can't stand about this TRAVISHAMOCKERY of a day:
1) It has only been an "Official Holiday since 1537"...that's like a flash in the pan!
2) 1 word...HALLMARK
3) Only 27% of all flower purchases on Valentines day are made by women.
4) 16% of all women buy themselves flowers on Valentines day
MOMENTARY RANT REGARDING 3 and 4....How in the world does this happen? What happen to having 100% committed partners in a relationship...I may not be great at math....but I am pretty sure that if 27% is done by Women...That means Men are doing FAR MORE! And ladies... you don't need to buy yourself flowers...especially if you are single....hello...if you get flowers and you are single...you just made it appear to every guy that sees those flowers that you are taken....WORST MOVE EVER! If you are married and you buy yourself flowers....well...you are now just padding the stats for the ladies and their fake flower purchases!
Ok....done
5) Your love for each other should be celebrated year around....like the spirit of Christmas should be celebrated for more that just a few weeks...unless you work at Wal-mart...which means you celebrate Christmas from September to December...anyways....that's another post!
LOVE EACH OTHER THE SAME ON FEB. 14 as you would on October 2nd!
Ok....glad I could get that off my chest...
Now, here is why I LOVE the IDEA of Valentines day!
1) My wife is my Princess. I love her! And every day is hectic and filled with the business of life that can not be ignored. Valentines day give us that extra focus.
2) Children! I remember when I was a kid looking forward to the random day that I got extra candy. Even if that candy was from a GIRL WITH COOTIES!
3) In a world where people just "Hook Up", it's nice to talk about love.
Now....the real reason for the post:
I LOVE MY WIFE! She is my best friend! I think of the time that we have spent together and the growth that we have both experienced. I feel in love with her so quickly because of her unconditional love that she has for others...Even those that short change her in return. I fall in love with ever again every morning before I go to work. When I whisper a silent morning prayer in her ear just before I leave she will without fail mumble that she loves me. I love her soft touch after a long day. I love that she is always a mother first, and everything else is second. I love the thought that I get to spend every minute of the rest of eternity with her. And most of all, I love the fact that I married up and she married down! She is the only person that could put up with me...and I will always be thankful for my best friend!
Kaylani,
You are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and now 5th best thing that has ever happened to me!
I love you forever, I'll like you for always. For the rest of eternity, my wifey you'll be.
I love you!
Jake
PS. For those that could not tell...my rant above was sarcasm...or was it?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jake, you are cute. But obviously feeling very jilted. Kaylani, get that man some flowers tomorrow, would you?

Autumn said...

Awww, how mushy!
And, why, what holiday is on October 2nd?

Anonymous said...

No holiday...just a random day.

Anthony, Amy, Isaiah, Sage,Ada and Trueman said...

Jake,
I would have to say Kaylani made a very good choice when she chose you. Not only did you Hi-Jack her blog but you gave your wife one of the best Valentine's gifts a husband could...forget the flowers the blog was much more MUSHY!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Happy Valentines day you two! Well I owe you a book back, and we want tocome and meet Jaxon, so we will have to swing by sometime. In the meantime, will you send me your mailing address? If you could email it to robynjmack@gmail.com- I'd appreciate it :)