Monday, February 23, 2009

Trials...

Today my load feels particularly heavy. Uncanny how just a few hours can change things. I'm really at a loss for words, but I feel like writing it all down. Strange. I know in this life we'll all eventually face trials that will test our strength. Some will face trials that will be harder than others', but they will be trials regardless. Today I feel like I am at the base of a mountain. I'm sure because it's all new to me, one day I'll look back and realize how insignificant this is in the grand scheme of life. But today is today and it's been tough to swallow or hard to hear, if you will. I'm trying to be happy. The tears of reality are dry now and all I can do is wait for more news. This is all sounding too serious when really it's not. Promise. Just tough. I love that my Mom was with me to help me smile and buy Oreo bark to drown my sorrows (mm..). I love that my sisters were home to help me laugh and figure out all the positive and fun that will come out of this and I especially love that Jake wouldn't acknowledge my sadness and proceeded to tease me. Really, I needed it. He's the best. I'm actually smiling as I write this, wouldn't you know. The load already feels lighter...

5 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Kon-a-bon, it WAS good to see you smile yesterday. And with the finesse and style you possess, you will come through this with flying colors. i love you!
Love, Lou

Kirsi Anne said...

Kaylani!!!! I'm coming to visit you soon! we need to figure out a day to do it!!!! text or call me!!! 480-284-3367.. just in case you don't have it anymore!!!

Kyle said...

Oh man! I hope you had a better day today! Hang in there!
We should get together sometime and meet at the park and let the kids play :)

kayleen said...

i started my coupons tonight. i saved a whopping $14.00. i'm treating myself to taco bell tomorrow.

Amy said...

Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you... Sorry that you are having one of those rough trials right now. I know it can be really hard to see the light and the end of the tunnel sometimes. Love ya!