Monday, February 9, 2009
Jaxon's blessing day...etc,
**Warning, I'm journaling...I don't care if it's interesting to you**
The reason that we've had so much family in town is because we blessed our sweet little Jaxon last Sunday. It was such a beautiful day and a really special blessing.
I was sad to not have my Dad there since he had to work at the hospital that day, but it was the only day that worked with the out of town families. It was a little sad because our ward really encouraged us to have only 8 people in the circle! Coming from 2 large families, it was really hard to decide who to include. We finally decided on having both of Jake's dad's (a given) and then 3 brothers from each side. So the circle included Grandpa, Papa, Uncle Linus, Uncle Clint, Uncle Nick, Uncle Owen, Uncle KC and Uncle Alex...and Dad and Brother Durfee from the bishopric. Next time I think we'll just have all the guys wrestle and whoever wins is gets to participate. Way easier! Jaxon had a beautiful blessing outfit from Grandma Sparkles and a beautiful blanket from Grandma and another from Granny! He is so loved! It turned out to be such a special day for our family.
Jake, Abby, Grandma Mavity, Grandpa Mavity, Jax, Me, Blake, Raegan, and Sarah.
The etc. part of the title was the Superbowl game (party.) after the blessing. Matt and Gena hosted it at their house and we all had a great time. Once again, I didn't hold Jaxon the entire game because whenever Aunt Sherry is around, he's all hers. I got a couple pictures of the crowd watching the game and cheering for our Cardinals.
My favorite picture is when I cropped everyone else out and realized that Jax was smiling!
He sure love his Auntie Sherry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Kaylani!! I would LOVE it! My friend has one but it's really informal and I wasn't sure I'd fit in at the wedding! :) What size is it? I'm not coming into town til the weekend of the wedding so if it's like a 4 or 6 I'll just come and HOPE it fits! :) Thanks SOOO much!!
Kaylani!!! Hey how are you doing? I thought a lot about you when we moved from Arizona for some reason. I didn't know how to get a hold of you. (Blog hopping can be productive!) What a beautiful baby! Your kids are getting so big!
nickandmaddyw@yahoo.com
Sounds like the blessing went well. He is such a cutie. Good to see you today!
Kaylani,
Jaxon is so handsome and precious. He looks like an angel. Not only that but you look amazing!
wow!! he's blessing age already! i feel horrible that i haven't even seen him yet....and we missed this special day too! hope you and the fam are doing well. we need to get together soon!!
Post a Comment