Tonight was the annual Cox family luau. We do this every year to kick off the new school year.
We eat delicious Hawaiian haystacks and sweet and sour pork...mmm!
The above picture is of all of the kids that live in town that started kindergarten this year.
Blake is on the far right (the shortest one).
My grandma, Mutti, used to make each kid a bookmark that was starting kindergarten.
This year they each got a really great laminated and personalized one.
I love that my mom and her siblings work so hard to keep
such simple traditions alive through the generations.
There were 18 kids that started kindergarten this year!
At the luau there is also a variety show of sorts where any and all are welcome to participate.
This year, my siblings and I did the return of the fountains or Fountains II.
If you are lucky, it should be uploaded on to you-tube shortly.
We had a lot of fun, even more fun than the viewers who were aching with laughter...
that's right, the Layton family is one FUNNY bunch.
This year it was Owen, Janee, Me, Matt, my Dad, Sherry (KC's fiance),
KC , Kimball, and Ben that participated...and Owen held Smoochie.
It was HILARIOUS!
One of the hi lites of the night was a surprise guest...my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Payne.
Actually, Mrs. Viola Hiroko Kaliko Wehi Wehi Kawahigoshi Payne!
This is a picture of my arm and the stamp of her name.
We used to get a stamp every Friday if we could say her whole name.
Then, while the ink was still dry, we would press our thumb on the Payne part .
Hence, the 'Payne on my thumb' joke was born.
I was so excited that she was there.
We got to sit on the stage and play our ukulele's just like the third grade.
She was such an amazing teacher and I honestly thought that I wouldn't ever see her again.
It was a great night and I'm a loser for not getting a picture with her...she hasn't aged a bit!


7 comments:
How fun!! I was always so jealous of everyone who got to be in Mrs. Payne's class! Your family's awesome!
i'm sad we missed the luau! we've gotten to it every year except this one. :( here's to hoping we can move SOON! and not miss anymore family fun! :)
Have I ever told you how much I LOVE Blake's hair?
Well, I do.
yeah for the Luau fun. I seriously could not remember any of the chords! I was watching her fingers the whole time. It was a fun year. After the kindergartners sat down, Haylee came over crying to me and after calming her down, I understood that she was crying because she wanted a bookmark with her name on it. Good thing I have a laminator... I am going to make one so we don't have any more drama!!! Cut photos of the girls cuddled up. So fun. I can't wait for that phase with my girlies.
no stinkin fair! you got a mrs viola heroka vehe vehe kawahigashi payne stamp!!!! never wash that arm again!!!!
how funny!! i totally know tat lady!! my oldest brother paul had that teacher!!! how long has she been teaching?! he memorized her name and still remembers it!! that is so funny!
Hey Kaylani,
I got your address from Em's Blog. Hope that's ok! How are you! It is so fun to see your cute family. I seriously miss the luau and all the fun family stuff. I tell people that we actually get together for a big family Valentine Dance and they look at me like I'm from another planet! I love our fam! And... I totally want to see that fountain thing you were talking about. I have never seen the first one! Let me know where I can watch it on UTube! Love you!! Tif
tifinifany.blogspot.com
Post a Comment