I had a lot of fun tonight with the beehives at mutual. We met at the Temple where we took a bunch of black and white pictures of them. It's like pulling teeth to get some of these girls to pose! I seriously don't remember being like that. Somebody holds up a camera, I pose...usually it turns out way too cheeser, but it's a pose none the less. One of the young women(Sarah Done) decided to throw her house key over one of the planters and it landed in a plant! After an hour or so of searching, trampling, and uprooting the beautiful Temple landscaping, we decided to call it quits. Mostly because she and I were both so itchy, our hands and shoes were green, and the sun was going down! We never did find those dang keys and I'm sure we'll be justly punished for the damage to the Temple grounds...if not here, then there. After we finished up at the Temple, the 3 other leaders and I decided to treat the girls to swirl cones at Mccy D's. Who would have guessed it would bring out a side of them that even girls camp couldn't do? It was astounding to see all the different things an ice cream cone could do...war paint, clown noses, etc. Call me crazy, I just don't remember those days as a beehive. Thank goodness! I love those girls, but I love that I've forgotten the specifics of myself in that stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I think our minds try to blot those moments out of our lives. I mean who really wants to admit that we actually acted like crazy little girls! It looks like you guys had alot of fun.
You are an amazing beehive advisor! I just know they all look to you as the perfect model mom and they all so much want to be just like you when they grow up (just like I always wanted to be just like Wendy Jensen -- my YW advisor back in the day. She was a young mom and so so so cute! -- just like you!!)
Not that we are actually "grown-up"...
hey thats the night i came and said bye to you! haha i wan ice cream! no fair!!
Post a Comment