Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm finally home!

I've had a crazy life lately. It started with girls camp last week which was a blast...( pictures to come) and I got home on Saturday. My family and I headed up to my parents' cabin in Pinetop the following Monday and we just got home this evening...(even more pictures to come). We had a really great week up there filled with thunderstorms every afternoon and plenty of rain. The kids couldn't believe that they got Dad all week to hang out with and he didn't have to go to work! I had a wonderfully relaxing trip even though I did a TON of organizing and cleaning, it was very therapeutic for me. Jake doesn't understand how I can clean my entire vacation and still call it a vacation. His idea of relaxing is reading the entire Harry Potter book, (what # is it anyway?), which he did and he filled me in on the whole thing. Sounds good, but not tempting enough to read. Am I the only one with this opinion? Anyway, the only major bummer of the trip was that my back tooth broke on Friday morning. I would like to say I was doing a "cool mom thing" by opening a can or something, but anyone who has Cox teeth knows all it takes is eating a bowl of Cheerios for your entire mouthful of teeth to come crumbling out. Well, it wasn't that bad, but it was Cheerios and not the milk-less kind. Definitely the kind that have been swimming in milk for 10 minutes....Luckily, for some reason, it doesn't hurt and I bought some wax so it doesn't shred my tongue until I can get in to see good ol' Dr. Jones - the only dentist this side of the Mississippi who understands Cox teeth and doesn't hold it against us. I love you, Mom.

4 comments:

Bella Beginnings said...

I am with you on the hairy potter stuff. Never did get interested enough to fully devote my life to them and in consequence abandon my girls as I can't put a book down once I start. My house goes to pot, and my babies don't get baths, hair, etc. You get the idea. I am excited to hear all about camp. Lets do lunch. We need to get together. Call Karyn when you get a chance, she has something to tell you!!!

IronLawGirl said...

moi aussi on the Harry Potter thing. I read the first book and it didn't hook me enough to read anymore, or really even watch the movies. And I must also have a little Cox blood in me somewhere. I am so anal about brushing,flossing, etc. but I can still get 5 cavities every year because that's how I roll. But Ryan on the other hand can go days with out brushing and still not get any cavities!

Bowman Family said...

I am with you on the weak tooth thing. I have had almost all of my teeth filled, not because of cavities, but because the enamel on my teeth is so thin it will collapse if it's not drilled out and filled. I guess I am lucky that they have caught that before it's ever happened and I still haven't had to have a root canal (knock on wood!). I am the only child who got my mom's tiny weak teeth. So sad.

I am in LOVE with the Harry Potter movies, but I've decided not to even break open the first book until after I have seen the last movie. Everyone who reads the books first seem to be disappointed with the movies and I am amazed so I think I will keep it that way!

Hope you feel better soon! I can't wait to see the pics from Girls' Camp!!!

K said...

wierd... your cousin spells her name with a y too... freaky! i read julie's comment and thought... WHATEVER--- I'M NOT PREGNANT! then i figured it out... i share because you care, right? anyways, i don't have anything to tell you... as if my life is exciting! :) but i do love you just the same!