Monday, July 16, 2007

Girls Camp, here I come!

The time has finally arrived (well, almost) and all of our hard work and preparation will pay off (well, hopefully). I leave for LoMia on Wednesday morning along with bus loads of girls anticipating this thing we call "camp." Excited? A little. Some of my fondest memories are from girls camp. Especially as a YCL 1 and 2...Girls, you all remember those days, who couldn't? It's a lot of pressure to be on the leader end and try to make it everything that I remember it was for me. Nervous? Maybe. I haven't done this in at least 10 years and the hours they allotted for us to sleep, I'm sure it's got to be a typo. I have been getting a solid 8 hours of sleep since Sarah was 2 months old and she just turned 2! I have been doing my fair share of training (much the same way you would for a half marathon, I imagine:). Staying up late, giggling to Jake with just the glow of a flashlight about silly girl things, practicing pranks on my children by sticking their hand in warm water (coincidence? maybe), not showering for days on end...okay TMI! I hope I survive. I'm very excited. We had a great combined lesson on Sunday from our ward camp director just to get the week started right and it was awesome. I'll post pictures when I get back...
p.s. i don't know who the girls are in this picture but it was very much like some that we took back in the day...

No comments: