Oh the camp memories. I must say Jen, I do not remember those words either... nor the song. I do remember stealing the bras and dancing on the stage and Jackie Allen and "theme days," Kayrn Papa's awesome outfits, staying up all night making trouble, being "barbie" for the lip synce, Jen in a cheer costume, the enormous poop in the toilette (Kaylani, doyou remember how Jayne had to chop it for it to flush... nasty) and basically rulling camp. Oh those were the days of craziness. Thanks for bringing them all home!
You get to shoot at LoMia??? I thought the fire restriction would stop that. We never got to shoot anything but those pathetic bows and arrows at camp. Sad.
can i just tell you that your blogs make me laugh so hard! those YW are so lucky to have a fun leader like you! and by the by... loved the chicken fiasco you posted (a while back). i think my stomach muscles got way stronger after I read that one. :)
hey kristin! i've always thought this whole time it was shantal! she always denied it but we saw her walking out right before us. thanks for the confirmation!
Happy Late BIrthday Kaylani. Yes, I basically stink at birthday wishes this year. I am officially on the late calendar! Hope your day went well. I hope you survived traveling with your kidos. I can't wait to hear the stories. As if the poop was mine Jen. You obvisouly didn't see it or you would have known that the person who pooped that was beeding afterwards from tearing. It was enormous and yes, I also knew it was shantal, but she obviously denied it!!! Gross, absolutely gross.
Jen, I am in Indianna right now and have been since august 1. i am staying at Emily's house and we're having a lot of fun. Louisa is here too and I must say that it has been crazy but WAY fun. We have 12 kids between the three of us and all under age 7. Only 2 of them are boys! I'll blog when I get home....thanks for the graphics julie. I didn't need to picture the actual event...tearing and all
You are very welcome. I knew you would all appreciate it. Good luck with the numbers, seriously they could overtake the moms and have basically whatever they want... it is a good thing that children do not think like an adult... or we as moms would be seriously in trouble. Have fun!
ok, i'm late to the conversation... which was quite funny to say the least. I, too, remember the poo. And I remember everyone taking pictures of it! I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Thank goodness!
But camp, oh camp! How I love all the wonderful memories. Here is a goodie to add... I remember throwing all the mattresses out of the window in the lodge when we were all YCLs. And then jumping out the window and landing on them. I instinctively plugged my nose and when I landed on the mattresses I realized I am a wierdo! :)
13 comments:
...Building women (building women) out of youthful girls so true...Camp Lo Mia, we'll remember you (remember you)...
Sad.
Why does looking at those pictures remind me of your mom singing that song?? (And why can't I remember the right words? Help me, someone.)
I want to go to camp too! And steal Susan Updike's bra and hang it on the flag pole! hee hee hee
And okay, was that really Jasmine Seaman? I can't believe how old she is. They used to be in our ward when she was a baby. Funny.
Oh the camp memories. I must say Jen, I do not remember those words either... nor the song. I do remember stealing the bras and dancing on the stage and Jackie Allen and "theme days," Kayrn Papa's awesome outfits, staying up all night making trouble, being "barbie" for the lip synce, Jen in a cheer costume, the enormous poop in the toilette (Kaylani, doyou remember how Jayne had to chop it for it to flush... nasty) and basically rulling camp. Oh those were the days of craziness.
Thanks for bringing them all home!
cute pics. looks like you made it back in one piece. i missed you!! can't believe you're leaving me again tomorrow,...and for so long, too! :(
You get to shoot at LoMia??? I thought the fire restriction would stop that. We never got to shoot anything but those pathetic bows and arrows at camp. Sad.
Anyway, you look like you had a blast!!!
ha
As if Ju brought up the monstrous POOP. We all know it was you, Ju.
And Floater Layton,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yaaay! Way to be! Good eye! Way to watch it!
What are you doing for your big special day??
can i just tell you that your blogs make me laugh so hard! those YW are so lucky to have a fun leader like you! and by the by... loved the chicken fiasco you posted (a while back). i think my stomach muscles got way stronger after I read that one. :)
Happy birthday Kaylani!!!!!!! You're old now too.
Also, I know who was the maker of the HUGE poo! Her initials are (or were) SS! ewww!
hey kristin! i've always thought this whole time it was shantal! she always denied it but we saw her walking out right before us. thanks for the confirmation!
Happy Late BIrthday Kaylani. Yes, I basically stink at birthday wishes this year. I am officially on the late calendar! Hope your day went well. I hope you survived traveling with your kidos. I can't wait to hear the stories.
As if the poop was mine Jen. You obvisouly didn't see it or you would have known that the person who pooped that was beeding afterwards from tearing. It was enormous and yes, I also knew it was shantal, but she obviously denied it!!! Gross, absolutely gross.
Ju, yes I did see it and I am sure you are quite capable of such a feat.
But thank you for the graphic description of the process. Wow.
Konni, I am still waiting to hear what you did for your birthday. Ju said you were driving... where did you go?
Jen, I am in Indianna right now and have been since august 1. i am staying at Emily's house and we're having a lot of fun. Louisa is here too and I must say that it has been crazy but WAY fun. We have 12 kids between the three of us and all under age 7. Only 2 of them are boys! I'll blog when I get home....thanks for the graphics julie. I didn't need to picture the actual event...tearing and all
You are very welcome. I knew you would all appreciate it. Good luck with the numbers, seriously they could overtake the moms and have basically whatever they want... it is a good thing that children do not think like an adult... or we as moms would be seriously in trouble. Have fun!
ok, i'm late to the conversation... which was quite funny to say the least. I, too, remember the poo. And I remember everyone taking pictures of it! I didn't have my camera with me at the time. Thank goodness!
But camp, oh camp! How I love all the wonderful memories. Here is a goodie to add... I remember throwing all the mattresses out of the window in the lodge when we were all YCLs. And then jumping out the window and landing on them. I instinctively plugged my nose and when I landed on the mattresses I realized I am a wierdo! :)
Post a Comment