Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

This weekend we headed up to my parents' cabin in Pinetop to enjoy the cooler weather and the long weekend with each other. I was anticipating it being cold, but we hadn't heard any reports of snow in a couple weeks so we just planned on a 'colder than the valley' kind of weekend. However, before we went, I made a stop at Target and found hats, scarves, mittens and jackets all priced at $2 a piece...who can resist that price for a jacket?? So, I stocked up for the whole family just in case. When we got there, we were surprised and excited to find lots and lots of snow, for Arizona anyway.
The forest behind the cabin was literally ice! There had been a really warm day where everything started to melt and then it all froze over that night. I had never seen so much ice before in my life! As far as we could walk (or slide) it was ice. Even all the way to the meadow behind the Double B! We all had a great time slip sliding away with only one casualty-a bonk on Blake's forehead. Blake loved sledding, Raegan did not. Raegan loved her snow clothes, Sarah did not. Sarah loved being held by mom, but what's new?
Raegan loved making snow angels even when the snow was way too hard to even make a mark. Mom and Blake loved going head first on the sled, Dad did not like us to Dad liked having a snowball fight with the kids. The kids did not! All in all, we had a really fun weekend and we were so glad that Granny (my mom) decided to come along. I definitely have a new respect for those that live in the snowy climates of the world. What do you do all day to occupy the kids?

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yaaay! I love Sarah. She makes my favorite little Kon faces.

And thank you for your snow sympathies. Seriously, I am dying. I know, you should pack up your kids and come and visit MEEE! Come on! Think of the endless possibilities of joy...

IronLawGirl said...

How cute! That sounds like so much fun. Gwen seriously hasn't seen the snow yet. Welp Kaylani, I love you, and we definately do need to get together!

Melissa said...

How fun! We need to make a trip up to the MTNs and enjoy the snow before it's all gone. They look like they are having a blast on the sleds...

Bowman Family said...

Such a fun weekend! My kids haven't seen snow in a very long time... Does that make me a bad mom? hmmmm... something to think about

Alleman Family said...

So Fun! I wish our snow clothes could be that cheap!! All the stores here know that EVERYONE needs snow clothes so they are never cheap! But, I stocked up for next year at a sale last week! YEAH! I love the snow pics... it's so funny to hear AZ friends talk about snow! Bry loves the snow and we play in it a lot... but last week the temperature didn't hit 10 degrees so we went to McDonalds playland instead!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey now i have 3 ft of snow and ice everyday haha but thats cool you got to go up and have some fun! snow is always fun for kids..

Layton Mom said...

We have had the snowiest winter and the kids love it! I bundle them up and they play outside a lot! Then they come in for warm baths and hot cocoa. YUM! Although all the snow makes walking to church rather difficult and we just live across the street!

EmJoy said...

Hello little sister. You should check out my blog, you may be impressed. It's nothing compared to yours and all of your cuteness, but it something now. Even with pictures! Wish you were here!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brilliantly Bridge said...

Yes! Let's get together soon. I need some of your great craft ideas.

Caralee said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great weekend. Don't you just love the snow?!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Looks like you guys had TONS of fun! I can't wait to play with Payten in the snow!

Kates said...

Hi, this looks like so much fun! Your family is so cute! I love checking in on you guys!

Katie Hunt

Kyle said...

Hi Kaylani! I haven't seen you forever...your kids are so big now. Your snow trip looks way fun...we are going up to the snow this weekend...I can't wait!
Kyle

Abby said...

I seriously miss you guys.

Robin said...

I still don't have your email or phone number, so thought I'd tell you we're having girl's night at Olive "Garden at 8pm tonight the 11th. Superstition Olive Garden.