Is there anything special you would like me to know about your child?
This question was placed at the bottom of a long survey that Blake's kindergarten teacher wanted me to fill out. My mind raced with all of the possible answers to this bold question. Of course, there are a million special things I would like you to know...
- he's very sensitive and always is the first to cheer up his sisters
- he likes to say his hair is green, not red
- he won't eat his crust, so don't bother making him
- he sometimes thinks he's a ninja
- he LOVES to cuddle with his mom at night and sleeps just like her
- he still talks to his stuffed animals just to remind me that he's not so grown up
- he calls his freckles "Mutti kisses"
- he remembers everything
- he LOVES to watch "cartoonies"
- he's not afraid to pick up a dead cockroach, but is deathly afraid of little black ants
- he's my biggest helper
- when he gets his picture taken, his head always faces the camera but his eyes are always looking somewhere else
- he still says lasterday instead of yesterday and I won't correct him
- he doesn't talk in his sleep, but we find him in random places during the night laughing uncontrollably...in his sleep
- he has an infectious laugh
- he wants to be everyone's friend
- he loves to be read to
- he is a pure boy and is obsessed with weapons so he can "PRETECT his sisters"
- he still says m's for n's and vice versa and I love it
- when I was tearing up one night last week about him going to all day kindergarten, he tried to cheer me up by asking, "but mom, I'm going to learn so much, and won't you be so proud of me?"
So, as all of these answers were flooding my head, I began to be overwhelmed with the fact that my little guy was going to kindergarten and I couldn't sum him up on the tiny little line that was allotted for my response. I slowly scrawled "He's a great kid" and handed Mrs. Smith the paper feeling like those words had done him a major injustice. So this morning he stepped into a new role without any hesitations or kissing his mom. I did manage to get him to blow me a kiss as he stood in line ready to start a new adventure. I love you, Blake! And yes, I really am so proud of you!


11 comments:
Kaylani,
That was cute.
That's all.
Dearest Kon,
While I loved reading about Indiana, this entry of Blake, and his picture made me cry! That was the most tender--You are a great mom and your kiddos are so lucky! --Lou
I am proud of you, Kaylani! You sent your first baby to biggie kindergarten today! I have a year to go, and I was still sad today just thinking about it and feeling the emotions that moms like you felt today as you sent your baby to another person's care. That is a HUGE deal, and you did great. I love the special things you wrote about your sweet boy, and when he is grown, he will love that you took the time to make a record of your love for him on this special special day.
I serioulsy have tears. Not just watery eyes, but they are dripping down my face, and no it is not my leaky eye. First of all, that was so very sweet. Hope you wrote it down besides on the blog, just in case this isn't always around. Second of all, it made me get a little anxious thinking about the day when I will send Haylee to kindergarten. I will simply be a mess. I cried on her first day of dance (and I stayed with her for the whole 45 minutes)but to leave my little 5 year old in the care of a teacher who knows nothing of how sweet she is or her little quirky personality traits...the thought gives me anxiety. I am proud of you for being so brave...
So sweet, you're such a good mommy! <3
Love you. Just love you so much. You are such an excellent mom. Blake, Regs and Sara and so lucky to have you.
Kaylani, that was so cute, so cute. I can't wait to have kids.
he is such a cutie! i can't believe he's is school now. what a sweet post. he's going to read that some day and realize how much his mommmy loves him. so glad you're back from indiana! i realy missed you and your kids!
kaylani-
i can't think about kimber being gone all day too much or i just start bawling... i'm so glad her and blake are "the same"
Kaylani, you are such a great mom. Jayne just started all day Kindergarten too and I filled out that same form. I didn't have the same thoughts as you... I think I even ended with "Good luck! :-)"
Now I feel like a terrible mom because I should have had a mind full of wonderful thoughts like you. I will repent and make a list of my wonderful daughter's qualities on my blog... eventually.
Thanks for being such a great example. You make me want to become a better mom!
Hi it's me. We keep running into eachother every now and then over the years since we moved from 8th ward. I just want to say you are such a cute mom! Your kids are absolutely beautiful! I loved that post!
Post a Comment