Monday, November 10, 2008

My blonde moment....or year!

In my defense, the husband was just as clueless as I was! About a year and a half ago, we bought a digital video camera that was pretty inexpensive, but worked for the time being.
Well, about 6 months after the purchase, (last November)the camera unexpectedly quit working right as we were starting to record Raegan's very first ballet recital! I was so sad! We didn't have any kind of power cord or anything to charge it with so we just chalked it up to a really lame sauce purchase and left it at that. Throughout the year as it has sat at my desk, there have been multiple times where I have almost thrown it away...Jake too. He HATES clutter! Saturday night as the kids were eating dinner and the husband had run to the store, I was thinking to myself, "Man. These kids are so funny right now. I wish I had a video camera!" I proceeded to take out the old camera and I popped the side of it off and there were two AA batteries staring me in the face that needed to be changed! In the 10 minutes that Jake was gone, I had fixed the camera and made some really great videos of the kids. He was totally impressed by my battery changing ability! In our defense, what video camera needs AA batteries? That's right, we're cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defence...The batteries were new when it died the first time

The Hall Family said...

At least you were able to fix it before throwing it away!!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

At least you have a video camera again!!

Alleman Family said...

That's awesome. I, unfortunatly have WAY too may blonde moments! :)