Every day I find myself going through the same routine. It's not just any mundane routine, although I am getting tired of it quickly. I have reached the point in my pregnancy where I have an insatiable thirst and there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING I can do to quench it! Not only am I extremely thirsty, my only source of satisfaction is ice. I am personally keeping Sonic in business buying their ice by the bag-full. I find myself many times a day standing with the freezer door wide open, shoveling ice into my mouth as if I were a chipmunk storing up for the winter. I. cannot. eat. it. fast. enough. I'm sure I'm driving everyone crazy with all the crunching and I realize it's totally rude, especially in public, but at this point, I really don't care. So love me in spite of my rudeness, please. I also have been "enjoying" 2 1/2 weeks of bed rest. That's the part that I'm getting tired of. For some reason my doctor thinks that it's too early to have regular contractions and already be dilating. Ok, I'll go with it. It's humbling, and VERY hard to watch as the ladies from the relief society show up to clean my house. They did EVERYTHING, people! They even moved the microwave and cleaned my fridge! What a wonderful group of ladies, it was rough to just sit back and watch them work so hard.
Monday, November 17, 2008
HELP!
Every day I find myself going through the same routine. It's not just any mundane routine, although I am getting tired of it quickly. I have reached the point in my pregnancy where I have an insatiable thirst and there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING I can do to quench it! Not only am I extremely thirsty, my only source of satisfaction is ice. I am personally keeping Sonic in business buying their ice by the bag-full. I find myself many times a day standing with the freezer door wide open, shoveling ice into my mouth as if I were a chipmunk storing up for the winter. I. cannot. eat. it. fast. enough. I'm sure I'm driving everyone crazy with all the crunching and I realize it's totally rude, especially in public, but at this point, I really don't care. So love me in spite of my rudeness, please. I also have been "enjoying" 2 1/2 weeks of bed rest. That's the part that I'm getting tired of. For some reason my doctor thinks that it's too early to have regular contractions and already be dilating. Ok, I'll go with it. It's humbling, and VERY hard to watch as the ladies from the relief society show up to clean my house. They did EVERYTHING, people! They even moved the microwave and cleaned my fridge! What a wonderful group of ladies, it was rough to just sit back and watch them work so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Ok you are awesome! Seriously, if you just call on a friday night, i'll get a group of my bff's and come have a girls night with you! you can let bro mavity go party and we'll do so too! we'll even help you clean and bring you a bag of sonic ice! :) haha but seriously! i would love to come just chill...
I'm so sorry you're on bed rest! That is terrible. I hope you're doing ok. I can't imagine people coming in and cleaning my house. As good as it sounds, I think I'd be a bit embaressed!! :)
ARE YOU KIDDING ME????
"It's humbling, and VERY hard to watch as the ladies from the relief society show up to clean my house. They did EVERYTHING, people! They even moved the microwave and cleaned my fridge! What a wonderful group of ladies, it was rough to just sit back and watch them work so hard."
No mention of Jake cleaning or folding or making Blakes lunch every day...no mention of Jake putting your shoes on with out even being asked...No mention of Jake putting the kids to be on Friday night as you BROKE THE BED REST CODE TO GO SHOPPING!.
That is ok though...I have consigned to the lowly supportive role of "husband".
It's kinda like Stagehand, or the janitor in high school...or a quarterback coach...if everything goes well, no one notices... one wrong things happens and someone fires his butt!!!
So...I would quit...but the pay is too good!
Love...
Jake (husband)
Wow, i had no idea that you were on bed rest. It is nice to have such good friends in the ward. And part of service is letting people serve you. That is my biggest problem, I would not want people to clean my house but they need the blessing too and when it is done Im sure I would be glad they came!!
Sorry about the bed rest. I had no idea. And I agree with the doc it is too early to have that baby, I want a healthy niece or nephew! Let me know if I can be of any help. I am good at cleaning too :)
Save your money and come and steal my ice! Silly girl! As for bed rest, I am sorry. I didn't know it was still going on. What an awesome group of ladies. I can come and help. I do a great job mopping with my toes! Call me
You're not the lucky house that Caleb was able to get a hold of a permanent marker, were you?
Sad. I want to come and clean your house!
P.S. Jake, that was terrific.
P.P.S. Konni, quit breaking the bed rest code to go shopping!! That baby needs to stay in there!
oh koni!
funny enough when i didn't feel well the other night i sent blake to sonic to get me ice. oh how i love their ice! sorry you're still on bed rest..
I was going to text you just now but I realized how late it was! I had no idea about any of this! I guess thats what I get for not going to church!! I am totally home all of the time so If you need anythin let me know! you got my number!!! dont be affraid to call! =D
I crave ice like crazy right now...it's so weird! Sonic ice is my favorite!
That stinks you are on bed rest...I had preterm labor with Ben...the medications was the WORST!
Hey Kon, I have a new blogspot--I have no idea how to make it cute. But it is there
theazporters.blogspot.com
Lou
HOLA!!!!! I think one day i am gonna come visit you!! I only have school Tuesday and Thursdays so we totally need to plan a day i can come over and We can chat!!!! much Loves!!! *MUAH*
Post a Comment