Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finishing up April:

You know when you haven't posted in a (very) long time and the longer you wait, the harder it is to talk yourself into it because there's more and more that you need to post about? Well, I'm about 3 weeks PAST that point in my life so I'm just going to get it over with.
My lovely Mother turned the big 60 at the end of April and we threw the kind of party that any granny with 35 grand kids would want....inflatable bouncers, ice cream, slip and slide and all.

If you look closely, you can see my mom's arms sticking up. This one was a water slide! We basically played the entire day and had a BBQ in her yard that evening.

Her cake said 16 on it because she's been turning 16 every year as long as I can remember.

Sarah was exhausted from all of the bouncing and ended up taking a nap in the special "babies only" bouncer. We also decided to try out Tumbleweed Park (thanks, Kyle) because we had heard it was a lot of fun. When we finally got there, it did not disappoint. I went with my sister and her 5 kids on April break(?). It was good we had the whole day because we were half-way to Tucson! However, the kids all had a great time on all the fun play equipment in the SHADE! What a novel idea for Arizona! We even took our bikes and scooters, muffins, juice and blankets. While we were there, Sarah took a hard fall on the VERY steep triple slide.

I thought she split her eye, but she ended up being okay. This is what Blake wants for his birthday next month...

While we were there, he learned how to ride a skateboard,

thanks to his very cool (and patient) older cousins, Layton and Jace.

He also had a few spills...

Raegan was just in heaven with all of the climbing and running.

It was a very fun day full of energy and I had very tired kids when we got home!

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Your mom is a rockstar...I can't believe she went down the waterslide!
I love Tumbleweed Park...so much fun. We will have to meet there sometime (although now its too hot..how about a splash park?)

The Hall Family said...

I also love Tumbleweed park. I have been there a few times, also thanks to Kyle :) We need to get together sometime soon. Tacey would have so much fun with your girls!!

Bowman Family said...

Your mom amazes me. She looks so good for 16! I can't believe she did the water slide. What a fun grandma!