It's true. I am robo-woman now. Last Thursday I got my first prosthetic. I say first because eventually, I'll have two. Cool, I know. Jealous? Yes. You are. Really, to be honest, it wasn't any fun at first. I felt like I was in one of those fun houses at the state fair where you can't walk straight and you've eaten way too many fried Twinkies and you have a really bad ear ache to top it all off. Now, I just feel like I'm in the fun house all the time but I can hear the teenage girls all the way over in line at the fried Twinkies stand whispering about the cute boys that just walked by. Inner-ear surgery really messes with your head. Walking straight is a little game that I'm getting better at, but haven't quite mastered.It's even better when the people you're talking to start to sway back and forth just to throw you off. I don't think there is anybody that I've talked to since Friday that isn't guilty of this. Thank you all for messing with my head. The best is when I hiccup or burp or cough or sneeze or yawn, my head feels like it's being slingshot to the left and I always grab for anything close by. Quite comical to watch, I'm sure.
I couldn't get the camera to focus, but that spec is my old stapes bone. The smallest one in the body.
I am amazed that anyone could decide that a hearing problem could be narrowed down to one TINY bone and figure out how to fix it. Heavenly Father created something amazing and complex and I am in awe of the capabilities of the human body. Just understanding more about one of it's functions makes me so grateful for my Creator and those who pursue education to serve others.
Side note: The night before I went into surgery, we had family prayer and sent the kids into bed. I walked into Blake's room a little late and he was leading the girls in another prayer just for me. It was very sweet to see their little faith as they prayed together for their mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
It sounds like everything went well. I am glad! Hopefully soon you will get back to normal! I think it is cute that the kids said their own little prayer for you, sweet!
I might or might not have been swaying back and forth for the last 3 days...but if you ever want to see Kaylani look at you like a dog trying to find a ball that you just threw, but didn't throw....I can show you what to do!
Jake
I'm glad everything went well! wow that bone is TINY!
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!
Yeah for your surgery!!! I am happy that everything went well.
where has koni gone? i miss your blog updates
Happy Birthday Sarah. I think it is today. Too many neices and nephews to keep track of!
I also forgto to tell Blake Happy Birthday too:)
Post a Comment