Sunday, May 10, 2009

The happiest place on earth. Promise.

I love snuggling in my bed with all my babes...especially when they're all happy and silly.
I love being a mom. I think it is by far the most honorable and noble calling I will ever have. I love my children! I wanted to start a new tradition this year so I asked each of the kids two questions:
#1: What is one thing you wish I did MORE of?
(Blake) play more * (Reagan) make cupcakes * (Sarah) help make her bed
#2: What is one thing you wish I did LESS of?
(Blake) telling me to stay in the playroom * (Raegan) being on the computer (Sarah)watching the news
So there you have it, my Mom goals for the year. I love to get their perspective and do a little better in what matters to them. Speaking of perspective, here's my gift that Blake made at school this year. *click on picture to enlarge and read It actually made me laugh out loud, cry happy tears and even a few sad tears. Love it!
Among other things, I also received tigger and pooh flower seeds, 12 cents, and a flat green marble. I love that my children were so selfless in giving what they had. It was a sweet gesture for them to give what was special to them. Unfortunately, I also got a very nice picture of a witch carefully scrawled in crayon with an excited "Happy Mother's Day!" from Raegan. Subliminal message? Probably. All in all, the day was delightful. Breakfast in bed was delicious. But the morning snuggling in bed with the kids was precious and priceless. A glimpse of heaven right here on earth.

2 comments:

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am glad you had a wonderful mother's day:)

Layton Clan said...

You are SUCH a beautiful, wonderful mom, and I take so much joy in seeing you so happy with your babies. All four of them have a little bit of Kaylani in them (okay, Sarah has a lot). I am so thankful for you!