Monday, September 1, 2008

Could I have this dance, for the rest of my life?

On Friday was my parents' 40th anniversary! What an amazing accomplishment! I feel like 8 years is amazing and can't even imagine what another 32 years will bring. My Mom and Dad are two of the greatest people I know and it only seemed right to celebrate their happiness with most of their children. We went to dinner at Rustler's Rooste, which I highly recommend. This is my Dad going down the slide into the dining room. We had such a great time and there was no pressure to be quiet (because we're not good at that). There was a country band playing and my brothers were even joining in tapping their silverware with their metal plates! All but one of them are over 30, by the way! The band played a dedication to my parents and a few of us got up to dance with our spouses. We missed Jen and Ron (in labor), Emily and Mark (Indiana), Sherry (night school), and Alex (mission)...maybe next time!
Kimball and Jen
Owen and Janee
Ben and Emily
Louisa and Ed
Matt and Gena
Kaylani and Jake
KC without Sherry...she had school. What a great time we had and I can't wait to see what kind of party another 10 years will bring!

3 comments:

Allison said...

what a fun night! happy anniversary to your parents! i love that place by the way-we had my bday dinner there last year and it was so fun.

Dennison Family said...

Happy Anniversary Aunt Dottie and Uncle Kent! Congrats! I'm glad you all had LOTS of fun!! Now, about Jen in labor--how did it all go? What did she have? Everyone ok?

Alleman Family said...

What a fun party! You and your sibblings have so much fun together! :) I love the pics of Reagan's first day of school too. She's too cute! I also stole the lip gloss idea! Hopefully in a few years that'll be the cure for my little princess! :)