
Today was Raegan's first day of Orange Patch Preschool. Initially she was very excited to be big and Blake had told her all the stories about everything that she'd be learning at Orange Patch. Last night as she went to bed, she was so excited you would think it was Christmas.

Sarah was another story. She cried herself to sleep because she couldn't fathom the thought of what to do during the day without her best buddy (2 whole hours). She was definitely heart-broken! It was very sweet to see such a tender side of Sarah. She's usually the prankster and Rae is the sweetie. This morning was a nightmare trying to stall until noon when school actually started. I was in the bathroom getting ready and when I came out at 10:30, Rae and Sarah were at the table with all of the PB&J fixin's and they had made quite the mess. Rae was determined not to be late to school on the first day, so there was no time to wait for lunch until I was ready to come help out! We survived that mess, got cleaned up, took some pictures, and went to Walgreen's to buy each of the girls a lip gloss...Rae was getting very nervous by now and Sarah was still beside herself about what she was possibly going to do without Rae...so lip gloss was the diversion and worked beautifully (no pun intended) for both!

As soon as we showed up to the school, Raegan completely shut down and would not say a word. Miss Jennie had to ask her if she knew any words...if she only knew! After a minute shew blew me a kiss and nodded that it was okay for me to leave. She must have had a great time because she was all smiles when I picked her up, but only knew one of the kids names...Mike.

She came home with all things orange and wasn't quite sure until I reminded her that her school was called ORANGE Patch. I could see it *click* and then she informed me that she needed to buy an orange shirt to wear to school now (?). While Rae was gone, Sarah just wanted to sit on the couch and snuggle while watching Ariel's Beginning. It was a lazy, yet very enjoyable afternoon. I don't know the last time that I was able to be home alone with just one of the kids. It was so nice.

Sarah also found this D-backs hand and ran around the house chanting "I numba free, I numba free!" I love that she's completely content at number three and feels no competition to be number one!
8 comments:
yeah for orange patch and raegan being brave! how exciting for her. i am sad that they are not in preschool together that would have been super fun. cute that sarah was so sad to have raegan gone. addilyn cried everytime i dropped haylee off at orange patch last year. this year she just waves and then for the next two hours i get to hear her say "haylee?" with a question inflection in her voice. not so fun.
Sad. We want to go to Orange Patch, too. Cute girls, though. Wait, Ju, where does Haylee go? I thought she was going there again.
Ok, that is all.
Hey! How's it going????
I cannot believe how much Raegan has grown up. It does not seem she is big enough. She looks so cute all ready for school.
So cute! Your girls are adorable! How are you guys doing?
just think... if you were me right now you would have met jake 3 weeks ago... hahahaha. you're old!!!
What a cutie! Looks like she loved her first day!!
Your family is so cute, I love it! I have not seen you in so long. I can't believe you are pregnant again... I would love to see you. Where are you living?
Post a Comment