Saturday, April 12, 2008

Raegan Paige...

Our beautiful 'Goosie-girl' turned 4 years old this week! I can hardly believe that it's already been 4 years since we brought her home from the hospital. I took her to her well check on Wednesday and she's in the 50th percentile for height and 10th percentile for weight.
When did she grow up?On Tuesday, Jake took the day off of work and Blake stayed home from school. We started out by going to IHOP because she LOVES pancakes almost more than anything else in this world. Luckily, they had these very 'birthday looking' pancakes that they were featuring because of Horton Hears a Who. Don't they just scream Dr. Seuss?After breakfast we went to the zoo to play in the fountains.
It ended up being the perfect day to be there and we could have stayed all day!
The zoo was virtually empty and the weather was in the mid 80's.
That night she had a t-ball game and she is really starting to love it!
I don't even have to run with her to 1st base anymore.
I love that she's getting way more comfortable with it.

We had a great party for her today where everyone got to wear their princess dresses (or prince costumes). Raegan really wanted it to be a 12 dancing princesses party. We did a pinata,

made magic wands and air planes (for the princes) and threw them off the roof,

had star-shaped sandwiches, and cake and ice cream!

This is the Princess Genevieve cake I made!

Exactly like the dress in the movie! (I dare you to compare them!) It was more fun than I thought it would be and totally worth the smile on Raegan's face and the sparkle in her eyes! We love you, beautiful girl!

8 comments:

Kyle said...

No way did you dress up too for the party! Thats amazing!
Cute cake! Sammy is so into all the barbie movies too! So fun!
Where is Jake working these days?

Brilliantly Bridge said...

Kaylani, I am sick to my stomach. When I was talking to you I was driving didn't write down Reagan's party. I am so sad. Especially because I would have loved to see you all dressed up like that. I love you hair it looks great.

Dennison Family said...

The party looks like a HUGE success! Very cute, and I love your "Rella" dress! Also, the cake looks GREAT!! What a fun party! Happy Birthday Raegan!!

Jennifer said...

What a cute little birthday girl... And a fun little party!

Now then, do you really want to be a member of the friendly readers??? I shall add you at once. Now go, find that book and hurry and catch up.

K said...

Seriously, fab job on that party! Thanks for including Mallory. She LOVED it!!!

heidi said...

wow! you guys are so fun! I love that you went to IHOP! And that cake you made... um, can you make all of our birthday cakes too? my poor kids would never get a cake that amazing out of me! GREAT JOB!

IronLawGirl said...

Kaylani, seriously, you are such a cute mom!! Nice work!!

Bella Beginnings said...

Good worker on the party. Haylee had so much fun and loves her crown. Good job on the cake it does look just like the 12 dancing princesses dress. Good job! Best mom award goes to you!