Thursday, October 4, 2007

A look back...

Now that the weather has consistently stayed below triple digits for a couple of weeks, I can fondly look back at the last couple of months to see what we enjoyed during those sweltering months. Don't get me wrong, it's not cold yet, but it's 'cooler.' Raegan and Sarah and I enjoyed a day at Tempe Beach Park with their "favorite" Aunt Abby while she was town from California one day in August. She's only 15 so she's WAY cooler than mom. They played and ran and splashed. Abby was such a great sport and seemed to enjoy the break from the heat as well. Here's Sarah taking advantage of some shade.This is Blake enjoying the beautiful Arizona summer monsoons! Mom and Sarah braved the rain and actually got soaked along with Raegan! We even floated rubber duckies in the gutter. We had a great time! Notice the puddles! This is my favorite series of pictures! We took a trip to my parents' cabin this past summer with some friends of ours (more pictures to come). I LOVE how similar the Jake and Blake are in the first two pictures. They loved to sit on the back porch and shoot their pellet guns into the forest. Whenever they were out there, the girls sat behind them in their camping chair with their princess cameras. I figure they were just doing what their mom does! The funny part was that every time they snapped a picture, the camera would say, "you look pretty as a princess" and Blake wasn't too fond of that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a pretty fun summer to me!!! dont forget the numerous attacks you recieved this summer hahaha

EmJoy said...

Glad to see you are getting caught up on your blog! I've been worried about you! Like I'm one to talk...
Love you, cute sister.

Jennifer said...

Hey! That girl is on Gilmore Girls!

Kaylani said...

yep! She sure is...I know, you're jealous!

Melissa said...

Yeah! I'm glad you found me again. It's sweet that Glenn & Jake are keeping in touch. I know it means a lot to Glenn too. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun lately. I've put you on our link list too so we can stay in touch too. Your kids are so beautiful!

Erica Wiezbowski said...

looks like you had an eventful summer! so happy we were such a big part of it!! can't wait to create more memories this fall!!

Bowman Family said...

LOVE the gun shots!!!