Friday, March 27, 2009

We survived...

...and we're better because of it.
Spring break was wonderful. As long as I don't count the sleepless nights (thanks, Jax) I don't have a single complaint. The weather was beyond beautiful, the boat was working (!), the dolphins were jumping, the crabs were busy, and the sunsets were (as always) breathtaking! The kids spent the days going from the beach to the pool and back again. They built sandcastles, watched dolphins,jumped waves, dug holes, played wiffle ball, flew kites, blew bubbles rolled in the sand, collected shells, and turned them into necklaces. They were busy and happy from sun up to sun down. Jaxon was happy to be in the swing, outside, or asleep. Usually all three at the same time! We would dig him a little hole in the sand then put our blanket over it and then set him in. He would stay for hours going from happy, to fed, to sleeping. Basically, our days were quite lazy. Jake and I were able to do more reading than I've done in months. We got lots of Granny and Opa time, too! At night we played games, laughed and perfected our pina colada recipe. It was such a great vacation and we loved having so much family around but, we missed all the 'regulars' that couldn't make it this year.
Jaxon is ready for next time. Anyone want to come with us? No, seriously.

12 comments:

Erica Wiezbowski said...

i totally recognized that jean blanket....lots of memories at porter park, water balloon fights, grass stains, sticky hands, mostly happy kids and always tons of fun! i miss you, kaylani!! when do a couple of friends get to catch up?? that's it. i'm calling you next week. just don't screen your phone calls. :)

IronLawGirl said...

You guys are so much fun! what a cute family :)

Rebecca Balloch said...

so glad you guys had a great holiday x

Jen West said...

hi kon bon great pictures of your darling family. and jax looks totally content. like hes saying he didn't make a peep! i am so happy you got to go, but we did miss you! love, jen

EmJoy said...

Love the pictures! Jax is huge and so cute. You have a really beautiful mom. We would love to go to Mexico with you. Don't know when it might happen, but I thought at least I'd tell you that we would like to go! Love you!

lizlaughs said...

This looks so fun! Those are amazing pictures.

•Kristin• said...

ok i really really want to go to mexico with you guys this year. i hope it works out. i'm glad you guys had such a great time! it looks sooo amazing. I stopped by last night to bring you guys a little treat around 7:45 but the house was so quiet so i didn't knock very loud. sorry i missed you :( anyway, we need to get together. i miss you!

Alleman Family said...

One Word. JELOUS!!

Bella Beginnings said...

So jealous... looks like so much fun!!! Cute photos and the sunsets looked amazing!

Jenyce Harris said...

So fun! I am jealous we weren't there with you this time. Looking at your pics brought back fun memories. What a great tradition you guys have! I am so glad we got to experience Mexico and got to enjoy your company. Your family is so much fun! Cute pics by the way and I'm glad you had a good time!

Robyn and Anthony said...

Me me! Take me with you! Ah, looking at the photos makes me miss that beautiful place! Glad you had a good vacation. We hope to go again soon :)

Kirsi Anne said...

I will go with you guys! I've never been to mexico!! haha!